Monday, June 2, 2008

Johnston Files For County Commission

Republican J. D. Johnston of Bethany filed for the Oklahoma County Commission today, joining Brian Maughan in seeking to unseat incumbent Brent Rinehart.
Johnston, a former police officer and former Bethany mayor, said he has the experience to lead and the integrity to serve as the next county commissioner for district 2.
"I have already served our community as a police officer, city councilman and mayor," Johnston said. "I have raised a family, I have run a business, and I am a conservative who wants to improve our county and our future. I'm not interested in building a career in politics, only in serving our community and restoring integrity to county government."
Johnston served in the Oklahoma City and Bethany police departments for 20 years. For the past 26 years, Johnston also has been a small businessman, serving as president and CEO of Johnston Equipment and Supply Company that he started in 1983.
Johnston and Pam, his wife of more than 25 years, are members of Council Road Baptist Church, where he has served as the director of the Sunday School department. The Johnston's have four grown children and five grandchildren.

Labels: , ,

Share |