The State Chamber of Oklahoma is looking for a new vice president of government affairs.
An online ad for the position says the person selected "will be responsible for helping to develop our government relations strategy, and implement that plan at state and federal levels.
The ad's particulars:
"The successful candidate will report to the Senior Vice President of Government Affairs and collaborate with our government affairs team, the communications and membership departments, and other internal stakeholders to advance a pro-business agenda at the state and federal Capitols on behalf of the Oklahoma business community."
· Maintain a current knowledge of proposed, pending and existing policy and regulations in a variety of business-related subjects and fields
· Lobby the Legislature to get pro-business policies passed into law
· Develop key points of our government relations strategy and be responsible for implementation
· Work in collaboration of other groups or organizations with interests similar to ours
· Work to build and lead coalitions and diverse policy committees
· Demonstrate leadership skills and experience in working on cross-functional teams
· Develop and maintain leverageable relationships
· Relationships with other business industry lobbyists preferred, though not required
Ideal Candidate Profile
· Bachelor’s degree in government relations or related field or equivalent experience
· 5 years of experience in government relations, policy development, policy research or issue advocacy
· Strong familiarity with the business environment in Oklahoma and the issues affecting that environment
· Working knowledge of the Oklahoma legislative process
· Experience with developing and implementing government relations strategies
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to negotiate in a professional manner
· Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills
· Strong ethics and positive attitude