Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Gadfly's End Of The Week Musings

Dirty Business: The lawn care guys just left; 38 large bags of leaves retrieved from the confines of Casa McCarville. Tell me again why I love trees....

The Gadfly's
End Of The Week
Musings
By Mike McCarville

Color Me Green: On Saturday, March 19th, I'll join my radio pal Dink Bernardy to once again (my 14th year) announce the annual St. Patrick's Day parade in downtown Oklahoma City.

Be Forewarned: “Members of Congress have access to all of the e-mail within an office, and I would advise staffers to use their own personal e-mail in order to send things that were not official business because they should know that the e-mail can be seen by the member or the chief of staff." ~ Daniel Bennett, chief technology officer at the eCitizen Foundation.

Tea Party Sympathizer: I find that my support is not about the color of Barack Obama's skin, but the color of money...mine, that I'd like to keep.

Connected: We're all wired into Facebook and Twitter today. Follow us at either, or both, by clicking on the icons on the right side of the page.

Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time: Tax adviser Sue Rogers advises that if I hadn't sold the Prudential stock last year that I bought in 1974-75, I wouldn't owe any federal taxes. Looks like Uncle may make more on the deal than I did. Damnation.

Condolences: Friend Reid Mullins of KTOK lost his father this week; Mr. Mullins was an exceptional person, a pillar of his church and community, admired by family and friends, me included. Rest in peace, sir.

Unseemly: The prude in me recoils at the thought of Unwed Pregnancy-Begets-Stardom as in the case of Bristol Palin who, with her mother, will be in Oklahoma City soon to speak at meetings of faith-based organizations. What, other than becoming pregnant out of wedlock, elevates this young person to the status of worth listening to? Celebrity built on immoral behavior leaves me cold.

Life Could Be Better: Cracker Barrel could be closer than I-35 and Northeast 122nd or on I-40 in Shawnee.

Labels:

Share |