Friday, December 10, 2010

Barresi Seeks $100,000 From Donors

State Schools Superintendent-elect Janet Barresi is looking for 100 supporters to donate $1,000 each to her campaign fund to "ease" some of the financial burden she incurred in helping finance her campaign.

Barresi raised $1.14 million, including her loans of $731,345.

Barresi's appeal for financial help came in a December 4th letter to supporters.

She writes that she needs "to be 100% focused on the challenges that lie ahead" and, "I am trying to retire some of the debt I incurred so I can focus all my energy on serving our Oklahoma students."

"My goal is to find 100 people to give $1,000 each by the end of the year to ease some of this financial burden. Can I count on your help and include you in this exclusive group of folks?"

Share |