Thursday, October 14, 2010

Brogdon Endorses Thompson In 2nd District Race

Senator Randy Brogdon has endorsed Charles Thompson (R) over Dan Boren (D) in the 2nd Congressional District race.

Brogdon said, “I have had the opportunity to speak with and to get to know Charles during this campaign. I truly feel that Charles Thompson will represent the conservative values and the conservative nature of the citizens of Eastern Oklahoma far better than his opponent. Thompson’s opponent has an established record of voting for government expansion and increasing federal spending that Charles will stand firmly against. I believe that Charles Thompson will also work to curtail and even repeal federal intrusions into functions that are supposed to be the purview of the state. He knows that the 9th and 10th Amendments are just as important as the rest of the Bill of Rights…and they MEAN what they SAY.

“Every U.S. Congressional seat is important…very important…and those we choose to represent us should earn our vote, not expect it. Charles Thompson is working to earn your vote while his opponent refuses open public forums and open debate with Charles. I know who I would prefer in this instance, and it’s not the career-politician that expects your vote…I prefer Charles Thompson.”

Thompson said that he was “honored to receive Senator Brogdon’s endorsement. He is someone who supports a return to our founding principles regardless of whether it is his campaign, his district, or technically his fight. I am extremely grateful for his support of my campaign.”

Share |