Thursday, July 29, 2010

Fallin Seeks Help Matching Askins' Checkbook

Mary Fallin today asked potential donors to her campaign for governor to help her match opponent Jari Askins' checkbook.

Fallin, in an email fundraising appeal, wrote, "Oklahoma needs a conservative leader who will bring new jobs and grow our economy, who will cut wasteful spending and protect your tax dollars, who will lower taxes and who will stand up to President Obama’s big-government agenda.

"There's too much at stake for our state leaders to sit on the sidelines while Washington continues to pursue policies that threaten our future.

"I'll stand up for Oklahoma's working men and women and that's why I am the right person for the job of governor. I'll fight to repeal ObamaCare, I'll stand alongside Arizona to protect our borders and I'll push back when Washington reaches too far into our pocket books and our lives.

"But to win in November, I need your financial help today.

"We've had more than 6,600 individual donations from all 77 counties, and your support has meant the world to me! However, we are now facing a candidate who can and will write a personal check to fund a campaign. Our opponent spent nearly $900,000 on her race in 2006 and this year she’s already loaned her gubernatorial campaign $675,000.

"That’s why I need your help today!

"Please give $25, $50, $100, or any amount you can to help us match our opponent, return conservative leadership to the Oklahoma’s governor’s office and win in November.

"And, remember, liberal special-interest groups in Washington don’t want to see me as governor because they know I’ll stand up to their big government, Obama-style philosophy! So please help our campaign and give any amount you can as soon as possible.

"Thank you so much for your help. Your generous donation to my campaign will ensure Oklahoma elects a conservative as its governor and continues to move forward to a better and brighter future."

Share |