Friday, May 21, 2010

Pruitt Returns Leonard Fire

Scott Pruitt, Republican candidate for attorney general, this morning fired back at primary opponent Ryan Leonard after Leonard's campaign manager criticized Pruitt for his statement on immigration.

Pruitt issued this statement: "I'm sorry that Ryan has decided to take the course so many politicians do -- that is to distort the facts and go negative so early in the campaign. I'm excited about this race, and I look forward to sharing my positive message across this state. So here's my real fact sheet:

"Anyone who reads the bill in question will see that it was not tuition for illegal immigrants, but rather for those on a path to citizenship. That is a big difference. We are a nation of immigrants, and those on a path to citizenship, paying taxes and learning the English language, should receive state benefits.

"Ryan's second point shows where he and I differ on immigration. Whereas, he apparently would rather beef up enforcement in America, I want it to happen on the border. This is entirely consistent with the lawsuit I would file if elected Oklahoma's Attorney General. By making the federal government secure our borders, we will effectively reduce the expenditures we have to make here in Oklahoma."

Pruitt's website is
www.scottpruitt.com; Leonard's website is www.ryanleonard2010.com.

Share |