Thursday, March 4, 2010

Dan Boren: 'Walk across my dead body'

By Jerry Bohnen/NewsRadio 1000 KTOK ~ If the health care vow pledged by Oklahoma Democratic Congressman Dan Boren doesn't send waves through the White House, then what will?

Interviewed by Fox News after the President's 'line in the sand' announcement Wednesday, the 2nd District Democrat was painfully blunt.

"They can break my arms. They can do whatever they want to. They'll never get my vote---ever. They'll have to walk across my dead body if they want my vote on this issue."

His colorful pledge comes as a new survey by Public Policy Polling showed Boren with a 51% approval rating in his district and only a 33% disapproval rating. The same survey found that 70% of the voters in his district don't like the job being done by Democrats in Congress. They also give the President a 27% approval and a 65% disapproval rating.

Share |