Monday, October 5, 2009

Matt Jackson Announces SD30 Candidacy

Businessman Matt Jackson announced today he will seek the Republican nomination for the State Senate in District 30, the northwest Oklahoma City seat now held by Senate President Pro Tem Glenn Coffee.
In seeking the GOP nomination, Jackson joins David Holt, Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett's chief of staff.

A businessman with an extensive background in law enforcement and as a Boy Scout leader, Jackson said he is running to ensure that Republicans stay true to their principles.

"When Republicans took over the U.S. Congress in 1994, I was excited about the possibilities, but we all know what happened. After Newt Gingrich left, too many of our Republicans lost their way and became a part of expanding the government, and as a result, in a few years the public rejected Republicans because they no longer saw us standing for our conservative principles. I don’t want this to happen in Oklahoma," Jackson stated.

"First, I want to say that Glenn Coffee has done a fantastic job for our district. If he were not term-limited, I would be fully supporting him to run again. He has done a very good job of keeping the newly Republican controlled State Senate on point and working for conservatives by passing landmark pro-life legislations and getting tort reform signed into law," Jackson stated.
"My concern is what happens in a few years when Senator Coffee is gone. We cannot risk letting our Republican elected officials becoming dominated by political insiders who care more about the process than our conservative principles," Jackson said.

A lifelong Scout who is currently the Scoutmaster of Boy Scout Troop 120, Jackson grew-up in Oklahoma City and attended Bishop McGuiness High School. He and his wife, Margie, are raising Sarah, Lisa and Greg in the Quail Creek area of Oklahoma City.

"Having grown-up in scouting and then serving as a Scout Leader, every day I still commit myself to God, Family and Country," Jackson said. "And I will do the same as a State Senator. I will be committed to promoting the pro-life agenda, eliminating the state income tax, and reigning in the growth of state government. The best way to grow our economy is to allow those in the private sector to grow jobs, not by having the government create inefficient jobs."

Labels:

Share |