Cornett Joins Ackerman McQueen Advertising
Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett is joining Ackerman McQueen Advertising Agency as an executive vice president in charge of special projects, it was announced today.
Cornett, who has operated his own video production company, said talks began about a year ago with Ed Martin of Ackerman McQueen.
"I’ve always known Ed and Angus (McQueen, chief executive officer),” Cornett said. "One time I mentioned to Ed, over a year ago, how interested I was in what they were doing and if they wanted to talk to me about doing something with them, I’d be interested in that.
"Ackerman McQueen is also deeply engrained into our community with a history spanning more than five decades. Ray Ackerman, Lee Allan Smith and Ed Martin are true community leaders and visionaries who have done so much to move our community forward through Ackerman McQueen,” Cornett said.
In his new position, Cornett will work with several of the agency’s clients to develop internal and external communication strategies and programs, Martin said. As part of his responsibilities, Cornett will provide consultation to clients on critical matters related to executive communications, corporate reputation management and community promotions.
Cornett said he will likely be working at Ackerman McQueen with companies involved in new emerging technologies, and less with established bigger companies.
Cornett said he also sought an opinion from the city’s legal staff to guide him on how to avoid any conflicts in his dual role as mayor and as an executive with Ackerman McQueen.
Cornett, who has operated his own video production company, said talks began about a year ago with Ed Martin of Ackerman McQueen.
"I’ve always known Ed and Angus (McQueen, chief executive officer),” Cornett said. "One time I mentioned to Ed, over a year ago, how interested I was in what they were doing and if they wanted to talk to me about doing something with them, I’d be interested in that.
"Ackerman McQueen is also deeply engrained into our community with a history spanning more than five decades. Ray Ackerman, Lee Allan Smith and Ed Martin are true community leaders and visionaries who have done so much to move our community forward through Ackerman McQueen,” Cornett said.
In his new position, Cornett will work with several of the agency’s clients to develop internal and external communication strategies and programs, Martin said. As part of his responsibilities, Cornett will provide consultation to clients on critical matters related to executive communications, corporate reputation management and community promotions.
Cornett said he will likely be working at Ackerman McQueen with companies involved in new emerging technologies, and less with established bigger companies.
Cornett said he also sought an opinion from the city’s legal staff to guide him on how to avoid any conflicts in his dual role as mayor and as an executive with Ackerman McQueen.
Labels: Ackerman McQueen Advertising, Mick Cornett


<< Home