Wayne Greene: Henry Good Governor, Bad Speaker
From Wayne Green's Blog In The Tulsa World ~ Gov. Henry didn't get to give his "Madam, chairwoman, the great state of Oklahoma…" speech at the Democratic Convention Wednesday night. Good. As it turned out, the Democrats' script had the nomination handed to Barack Obama by acclamation before Oklahoma got into the mix. That saved thousands of Democrats from hearing Henry's joke about the time his daughter embarrassed his wife. If anyone feels like they missed out of something, they can call me or anyone who's ever heard the governor speak. I think I can tell it in less than the governor's usual 15 minutes. Let's face it, Henry is a good governor and a bad speaker. His cadences are all goofy, and he's just too slow paced. When I've seen him speak in a question-and-answer format he's always been well-informed and bright. But don't give the man a script. You'll regret it.Labels: Brad Henry, Democratic National Convention, Wayne Greene


<< Home