Regier Retained By CIB In 3-2 Vote
Jerry Regier has been retained as interim administrator of the Construction Industries Board despite a call by two legislators that he not be hired.
The board voted Thursday to retain Regier despite criticism that he got the job as a favor to qualify him for retirement benefits. The vote by the Construction Industries Board was 3-2 against a motion to fire Regier, who has been defended by board Chairman Larry Shea.
The board also voted 4-1 to hire a permanent administrator at a salary of $85,000 a year, but did not release his name pending further negotiations with the candidate.
Regier defended himself from charges made by Senators Debbe Leftwich, D-Oklahoma City, and Harry Coates, R-Seminole.
Regier said he is trying to clear up a backlog of work because of delays in hiring an administrator. He said rumors that the board hired him as a favor were not true. "This is a sham job, and none of you did this as a favor for me," he said. "I was asked by you, the board, unanimously to come and assist for an intense short period. I serve at the pleasure of the board. I will serve as long as you ask me to, and if you decide you do not want me to serve, then I am done and you can run this operation yourself until you get a new administrator."
The board voted Thursday to retain Regier despite criticism that he got the job as a favor to qualify him for retirement benefits. The vote by the Construction Industries Board was 3-2 against a motion to fire Regier, who has been defended by board Chairman Larry Shea.
The board also voted 4-1 to hire a permanent administrator at a salary of $85,000 a year, but did not release his name pending further negotiations with the candidate.
Regier defended himself from charges made by Senators Debbe Leftwich, D-Oklahoma City, and Harry Coates, R-Seminole.
Regier said he is trying to clear up a backlog of work because of delays in hiring an administrator. He said rumors that the board hired him as a favor were not true. "This is a sham job, and none of you did this as a favor for me," he said. "I was asked by you, the board, unanimously to come and assist for an intense short period. I serve at the pleasure of the board. I will serve as long as you ask me to, and if you decide you do not want me to serve, then I am done and you can run this operation yourself until you get a new administrator."
Labels: Debbe Leftwich, Harry Coates, Jerry Regier


<< Home