Rob Johnson Files To Oppose Roth
Rep. Rob Johnson (R-Kingfisher) filed today for Corporation Commissioner to fill the unexpired term of Commissioner Denise Bode, who vacated the seat last year. The seat is now held by Governor Henry's appointee, Democrat Jim Roth. Two years remain on the seat's tenure.
“So much needs to be done to ensure we make Oklahoma the best it can be, not only today, but also for our children and grandchildren” Johnson said, “As a member of the Legislature, I was able to do so by cutting taxes, improving education, and supporting pro-life policies. As a Commissioner, I will continue work to strengthen Oklahoma’s economy, make our state more business friendly, all while fairly representing all Oklahomans.”
A fifth generation Kingfisher County resident, Johnson graduated from Oklahoma State University and the University of Oklahoma Law School. Johnson and his wife of ten years, Michelle, also a fifth generation Oklahoman, have two daughters, Kensington and McKellyn.
Johnson was elected to the State House in 2004 and currently holds the leadership position of House Majority Whip. Additionally, Johnson has worked as an aide for Congressman Wes Watkins and Congressman Tom Cole. Johnson has also owned his own law practice, worked in the oil and gas industry, and worked in the family business, Johnsons of Kingfisher.
“The decisions made at the Commission can make Oklahoma a more energy and business friendly state and that will encourage more people to invest in Oklahoma,” Johnson said.
“I have been honored to serve the state of Oklahoma, and now I’m asking for the voters’ support to join me in helping to make this state the best it can be,” Johnson said.
“So much needs to be done to ensure we make Oklahoma the best it can be, not only today, but also for our children and grandchildren” Johnson said, “As a member of the Legislature, I was able to do so by cutting taxes, improving education, and supporting pro-life policies. As a Commissioner, I will continue work to strengthen Oklahoma’s economy, make our state more business friendly, all while fairly representing all Oklahomans.”
A fifth generation Kingfisher County resident, Johnson graduated from Oklahoma State University and the University of Oklahoma Law School. Johnson and his wife of ten years, Michelle, also a fifth generation Oklahoman, have two daughters, Kensington and McKellyn.
Johnson was elected to the State House in 2004 and currently holds the leadership position of House Majority Whip. Additionally, Johnson has worked as an aide for Congressman Wes Watkins and Congressman Tom Cole. Johnson has also owned his own law practice, worked in the oil and gas industry, and worked in the family business, Johnsons of Kingfisher.
“The decisions made at the Commission can make Oklahoma a more energy and business friendly state and that will encourage more people to invest in Oklahoma,” Johnson said.
“I have been honored to serve the state of Oklahoma, and now I’m asking for the voters’ support to join me in helping to make this state the best it can be,” Johnson said.
Labels: Denise Bode, Jim Roth, Rob Johnson


<< Home