Parmley Waits Until Tuesday Votes Are In
One of the most sought-after Oklahoma Democratic National Convention superdelegates, former Oklahoma Democratic Party Chairman Jay Parmley, who now works for the Democratic National Committee, says he will make his decision public following Tuesday's final primaries.
Asked if he's made up his mind about which presidential candidate he supports, Parmley replied, "I spoke with Governor Henry, Barack Obama and officials with the Clinton campaign today and told all of them that I am standing by my word that I won't commit to a candidate until after tomorrow night when all the votes from Montana and South Dakota are counted."
Parmley is one of four of the state's superdelegates who have not declared. Five have declared for Obama, including Henry, and one for Clinton. Other Oklahoma superdelegates who have declared for Obama are Senator Mike Morgan of Stillwater, activist Kalyn Free of Tahlequah, Reggie Whitten of Oklahoma City, and party Vice Chair Kitti Asberry. Hillary Clinton has National Committeewoman Betty McElderry.
Asked if he's made up his mind about which presidential candidate he supports, Parmley replied, "I spoke with Governor Henry, Barack Obama and officials with the Clinton campaign today and told all of them that I am standing by my word that I won't commit to a candidate until after tomorrow night when all the votes from Montana and South Dakota are counted."
Parmley is one of four of the state's superdelegates who have not declared. Five have declared for Obama, including Henry, and one for Clinton. Other Oklahoma superdelegates who have declared for Obama are Senator Mike Morgan of Stillwater, activist Kalyn Free of Tahlequah, Reggie Whitten of Oklahoma City, and party Vice Chair Kitti Asberry. Hillary Clinton has National Committeewoman Betty McElderry.
Labels: 2008 Presidential Race, Jay Parmley, Oklahoma Superdelegates


<< Home