Two Legislators Rush To Pay Late Property Taxes
By Mick Hinton and Curtis Killman In The Tulsa World ~ Two state legislators rushed to county treasurer's offices Thursday to pay their property taxes after being asked why they were delinquent on their 2007 assessments. Rep. Judy Eason McIntyre, D-Tulsa, missed a Dec. 31 deadline to pay at least half of the $397 in property taxes due on her home, records show. She described the missed payment as an "honest oversight." "I'm stunned," McIntyre said Thursday afternoon in a telephone interview from her home. "I could have sworn I paid that." Rep. Richard Morrissette, D-Oklahoma City, said he had paid taxes on his home and a rental property on time but conceded that he has been late four years in a row on a second rental property. Read the World's article at www.tulsaworld.com, state news section.
Labels: Judy Eason McIntyre, Richard Morrissette, Tax Scandal


<< Home