Thursday, February 7, 2008

Balkman Reacts To Romney's Decision

Mitt Romney's top Oklahoma representative, former State Rep. Thad Balkman (seated, second from left, in this photo of Romney in Norman), issued this statement today after The McCarville Report Online asked for his reaction to Romney's suspension of his presidential campaign:

I’m disappointed by the announcement of Governor Romney’s suspending his campaign. And while he has now stepped aside, I am pleased that he was successful in calling attention to conservative principles of free enterprise and family values – much like another former governor did in his unsuccessful bid in taking on the Republican establishment back in 1976. As our nominee, I hope Senator McCain will champion these conservative values and I will cast my vote in support of him. Like Governor Romney mentioned earlier today, while he and Senator McCain differed on a number of issues, on the issue of confronting radical jihadism and winning the war on terrorism, we are united and we cannot let Senator Obama or Senator Clinton in the White House and implement their retreat and defeat policy.

Labels: ,

Share |