Friday, November 30, 2007

Blogosphere's Rhetoric Rubs Him The Wrong Way

By Brian McLaren ~ A number of my friends have given up blogging, either temporarily or permanently. The reason? The blogosphere seems to indulge a certain kind of rhetoric that they don't want to be associated with anymore. Although I continue to post at the God's Politics blog on occasion, and I believe in the power and potential of the blogosphere, I share my friends' frustration with the kind of disrespectful dialogue that frequently ensues in the comments section of so many blogs. The majority want to have substantive and respectful dialogue, and they tolerate the static because they believe in the level playing field of the blogosphere. But the ambivalence is real. Read all of Brian's article at http://blog.beliefnet.com/godspolitics/2007/06/brian-mclaren-the-need-for-a-n.html.

Labels:

Share |