Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Other Voices In The Blogosphere: Rush Limbaugh

From www.oklahomalefty.blogspot.com ~ The latest controversy surrounding conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh is honestly a bit silly. There are many, many reasons to go after Limbaugh but this is not one of them. This situation is an excellent example of what happens when people take statements out of context and run with it. Sadly this kind of thing happens all of the time (Rush himself partakes in said activity from time to time) and it is just plain sloppiness. I am not about to get into a debate on media bias, because I don’t believe that systematic media bias exists (individuals are biased sure but the organizations as a whole are not). I’m sure that I will get some comments from my good friend Red telling me that I am wrong and that is fine. Millions of people believe in media bias, but that doesn’t make it true. This however is not the point of my post. The point is that there is a laundry list of reasons to go after Limbaugh, but be careful in doing so and make sure that you can back up your claims because he has an army of supporters ready, willing, and able to defend El Rushbo’s honor (for example, I heard this story discussed on three other nationally syndicated talk shows this morning). Granted, Limbaugh is guilty of making unsubstantiated attacks on others but it is not right when he does it and thus it is not right when it is done to him.

Labels: ,

Share |