A Casino At Every Interstate Exit?
Having just returned from a lap of Oklahoma and surrounding states, it occurs to me that we're near the point where there's a tribal casino at almost every Oklahoma interstate highway exit. It doesn't matter the direction you travel. The casinos are large and small and, it seems, there's new construction going on at almost every one of them. My observation comes just as The Oklahoman's Tony Thornton reports that the state's count of slot machines is now third in the nation, behind only the counts in California and Nevada. We now have 97 casinos with 45,289 slot machines to help part players from their cash. I"m the odd ball, having never been in one of the casinos and never having purchased a lottery ticket. It's my philosophy that if I want to give my money away, I'll find a suitable charity. ~ Mike McCarville
Labels: Tribal Casinos


<< Home