Planning Travel? The Oklahoman's Watch-it List
From The Oklahoman ~ Motorists may encounter road construction during the Thanksgiving holiday travel period.
Across the state: 1. Interstate 44 is narrowed to one lane in each direction in Lawton from near State Highway 7 to Gore Boulevard.
2. East and westbound Interstate 40 is narrowed to one lane each direction near the Arkansas state line in Sequoyah County, extending west five miles.
3. East and westbound I-40 near Seminole is narrowed to one lane in each direction from four miles east of State Highway 99, then east seven miles to Cromwell.
4. The right lane of northbound U.S. 69 is closed in Savannah in Pittsburg County. North and southbound U.S. 69 is narrowed to one lane in each direction over the North Canadian River in McIntosh County near Lake Eufaula. Drivers should expect reduced speed and wide load restrictions.
5. I-40 is narrowed to one lane in each direction near Checotah. Drivers should expect reduced speed and wide load restrictions.
6. North and southbound U.S. 287 will be narrowed to one lane about five miles north of Boise City. Motorists may experience a wait time of 15 or more minutes and will follow a pilot car for three miles.
7. In Tulsa, all lanes of eastbound I-44 are shifted across the Arkansas River bridge into the westbound lanes, which will carry two lanes of two-way traffic until further notice. Plan for extra travel time in this corridor.
In the Oklahoma City metro area: 8. The right lanes of east and westbound I-40 are closed between Council Road and Sara Road. Traffic on Morgan Road will be shifted as part of the interchange reconstruction project.
9. Drivers can expect various lane closures and lane shifts on I-35 at NE 23 for cable barrier work.10. There will be various lane closures on east and westbound I-40 at I-44 near State Fair Park nightly from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. through Friday morning. On weekends the lane closures will be from 7 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday. This project is scheduled to last through January.
11. The right lane of westbound I-44 is closed between Broadway Extension/I-235 and Western Avenue through November as part of the ongoing BWX/I-235/I-44 ramp reconstruction.
12. Grand Boulevard east of Shartel Avenue and Robinson Avenue between NE 57 and Grand will be closed through December. Drivers are strongly encouraged to avoid the area and find an alternate route.
13. Crosstown construction continues near downtown Oklahoma City, affecting some lanes and ramps.