Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Mullin Jump Starts Campaign With $100,000

Put Markwayne Mullin down as a serious Republican candidate for Congress in the 2nd District.

The businessman and neophyte politician put $100,000 of his own money into his campaign account, which, with donations, already tops $200,000.

In a news release, Mullin cited the numbers that indicate a strong financial report that shows significant fundraising success.

An Adair County native, Mullin began raising funds with only 10 days remaining in the second quarter and raised more than $200,000, including a $100,000 personal loan. Mullin reported raising $212,955 between June 21 and June 30, with $209,455 remaining in cash-on-hand. The funds were raised from 96 individual donors, including Mullin.

“I'm not a politician so I didn't know what to expect, but I'm humbled by the support I received in the first 10 days,” said Mullin. “I’ve been sharing my heart with people, that I believe our country will fail if we don't stop the spending excesses. Thankfully I've been blessed in business, but if America can't reverse course, the entrepreneurial spirit that defines us will come to a screeching halt. My supporters feel the same way and are enthusiastic and determined. I'm continuing to meet with friends and make new friends throughout the district, and I am very blessed to add support each day.”

Mullin is the owner and CEO of Mullin Plumbing, the state’s largest plumbing service company, and is a rancher in Adair and Wagoner counties.

He also owns and operates a construction and property company. He was raised in Adair County where he graduated from Stilwell High School. He has been married to his wife Christie for 14 years, and they have three young children. A wrestler, bull rider and rodeo enthusiast, Mullin also has been a youth leader in the Assembly of God church for the past 12 years.

Others are actively into the race, including Rep. George Faught of Muskogee.

Share |