Saturday, June 11, 2011

Wesselhoft Seeks Senate District 43 Seat

Rep. Paul Wesselhoft announced today he is a candidate for the Senate in District 43.

Wesselhoft said, "I believe northern Cleveland County and southeast Oklahoma County deserve and will greatly benefit from having a conservative senator. I am on record as the third most conservative legislator at the Capitol. I am forfeiting a safe State House seat which I have faithfully executed for the last seven years. However, if elected, I will still represent virtually all of my House District 54 constituents as their new State Senator."

Filing period for the special elections is Monday through Wednesday.

The Special Primary Election is August 9.

The Special General Election is October 11.

Senate District 43 includes portions of Oklahoma and Cleveland Counties. The seat is being vacated in July by Senator Jim Reynolds when he takes office as Cleveland County Treasurer.

Share |